The New Bellas Artes

BellasArtes

Mojigangas on exhibit at the entrance to the Bellas Artes, SMA

Two mojigangas flank the entrance to the courtyard of the newly-renovated Bellas Artes building in San Miguel de Allende. Housed in an earlier and magnificent two-tiered historical courtyard building, the Escuela de Bellas Artes as such was opened in 1938, and contains several murals including one by David Siqueiros. The building also houses several galleries and artist’s studios surrounding the courtyard on both levels.

This entry was posted in Everyday. Bookmark the permalink.